en - Re: [sympa-users] a complicate problem to solve

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: Riccardo Veraldi <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] a complicate problem to solve
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:00:03 -0400

address@concealed wrote:
Riccardo Veraldi wrote:

Hi, we have this problem.

Hundreds of people are working on the same project; they are subscribed to different mailing lists according to the working area. Only the subscribers to a mailing list can receive messages, but all the people working on the project are authorized to post on all mailing list, even if they aren't subscribed.
To achieve this with majordomo, we simply created a different list containing all the people and in the conf file we specified that this list is autorized to send messages.
We would like to move to Sympa, but testing with Sympa, we didn't find a way to realize this.
And I do not wanto to insert this people as moderators in hte sympa configuration to solve the prolem.
May you help us?
Is there a way to fix our issue ?

I just put it in the FAQ :
http://www.sympa.org/wiki/doku.php?id=tips_and_howto#how_to_authorize_non_subscriber_to_post_a_message_to_a_non_public_list
I just took a look at the FAQ, and offer an additional suggestion: The FAQ suggests adding all authorized people to a list of authorized posters, and then creating a scenari as follows:

is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) md5,smime -> listmaster,notify
is_subscriber('foo-authorization',[sender]) md5,smime ->
listmaster,notify

I think you should also be able to do something like:

is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) md5,smime -> listmaster,notify
is_subscriber('list-1',[sender]) md5,smime -> listmaster,notify
is_subscriber('list-2',[sender]) md5,smime -> listmaster,notify
is_subscriber('list-n',[sender]) md5,smime -> listmaster,notify

Where list-1 through list-n are all the lists you're working with.
I.e., if you're on a list you can post to it, if you're on any of the other
enumerated list, you can post
to the list.

Miles