en - Re: [sympa-users] X509 user certs

  • From: Evaldo Gardenali <address@concealed>
  • To: Peter Farmer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] X509 user certs
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 03:47:24 -0300

Hi!

Unfortunately I do not have information on the sympa configuration yet, but I plan to implement that sometime soon, so any tips you find would be of great interest.

Regarding the CA, I would recommend CAcert.org, which is absolutely free for all uses, including client and server certificates, code signing certificates, and even organizational (corporate too) certificates. It is rather big, with more than 65000 verified users, and about 150 000 certificates issued. That is what we use down here :)

Kind Regards
Evaldo Gardenali

Peter Farmer wrote:
Can some kind person please point me to some documentation that describes how
user X509 certs for S/MIME authentication are added to sympa (I know _where_,
but the doco doesnt say anything about how they should be installed - what
file
naming conventions, how they are linked to user profiles/logins etc) and whats
the easiest way to obtain some - home grown or from a commercial CA ?

regards
Peter Farmer