en - Re: [sympa-users] Option to provide a reason for the rejection of a moderated message

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: "Ward, Michael" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Option to provide a reason for the rejection of a moderated message
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:32:21 +0200

Michael,

Ward, Michael wrote:

Have been playing around a bit with the moderation options of Sympa. One feature I think that would be very useful would be the option to include a reason for the rejection of a moderated message, for example in the body of the rejection message sent back to Sympa. This would be far more useful to the sender of the original message as they would know straight away why their message was rejected, rather than having to track down the moderator that rejected it to find out why.

I’m assuming here this can’t currently be done – anyone know if there are any plans to include this? If not I’ll submit a feature request (although I can’t seem to connect to the site at the moment so I couldn’t check if it has already been suggested).

The feature you request has been already recorded as wanted feature (though I can't find it in our tracking system). The feature request even goes one step beyond, with the ability to define a set of standard answers for the list.

BTW – I came across Duke University’s Sympa installation (https://lists.duke.edu/sympa), they’ve done some great things with customising the layout/style of Sympa. They’ll provide the tt2 files on request; just look at their source pages for more info. I think they’ve been mentioned on the list previously, but worth mentioning again!

You're right, they've done a tremendous job.
BTW, it's worth mentionning that Adrien Brard is currently working, at the CRU, to a/ gather in the CSS all that is not yet in it b/ working on the GUI accessibility. All this will be part of the next Sympa release (probably 5.3).