en - Re: [sympa-users] help - archived dieing

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] help - archived dieing
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:28:39 +0200

We were once reported this error by a user who was running sympa with a high log_level.
Setting the log_level to 0 would fix the problem.

Sorry but I don't have more information about this problem.

address@concealed wrote:

My archive process has just started dieing. As far as I know, nothing in my
machine's configuration has changed (and I'm the sysadmin for the machine).

It's just that the archive process starts, and then dies. When I run with
the -d flag, the error is:
Modification of a read-only value attempted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.4/i686-linux/Sys/Syslog.pm line 312.

I've rebooted the machine, all the other demons work just fine, including
logging to the log file, so this seems pretty weird.

I'm running Sympa version 3.4.4.3 (yes I know it's old, I'm migrating to a
new machine, and planning to upgrade at the same time - but right now, I'm
being diverted by this little problem.)

Any ideas on what might be going on?

  • Re: [sympa-users] help - archived dieing, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 08/01/2006