en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa custom interface

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa custom interface
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:10:40 +0200

Redmond Militante wrote:

We're working with a group that is interested in using Sympa but does not
want users to use the Sympa default web interface. They would like to create
a custom web interface which would be a simplified version of the default web
interface.

The proposal for the custom interface includes such features as: login page
with ldap integration, a page from which users would be able to select
multiple checkboxes and subscribe to multiple mailing lists at the same time,
and an email sending form from which they would be able to specify which list
they'd like to send a new message to.

Can this be accomplished via a custom template - or would we have to work
with the Sympa SOAP interface?

You can do it in various way. Of course you can change the templates so you can have the look you want. But if your need is to put Sympa services and some other tools avalible in a single interface (for example display list information in a portal) you will need teh soap interface.

For the multiple login in a single page, this is requested by some users so we will do some hack for it. You can't do it just with a template but it should be easy to pattch Sympa for that.

Serge Aumont