en - Re: [sympa-users] newaliases

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Dale Ghent <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] newaliases
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:25:38 +0200

Dale Ghent wrote:

On Apr 19, 2006, at 4:10 PM, Redmond Militante wrote:

On our sympa installation, I can run alias_manager.pl from the command line, and when I create a new list via
wwsympa.fcgi, alias_manager.pl runs and appends new list aliases to /etc/mail/sympa.aliases - but it looks like it
is not running 'newaliases' after appending to sympa.aliases. I have to log in as root and run 'newaliases'
manually in order to successfully send mail to my new list, otherwise I get a mail delivery notification telling
me that the message can't be delivered because the recipient is unknown - running 'newaliases' fixes this.

Sympa is probably trying to run newaliases as whatever user you're running Sympa as. To get around this, you might need to set a SUID/ SGID root bit on newaliases/sendmail.

Sympa run "aliaswrapper" (a .c programs distributed with Sympa). The aliaswrapper shoud installed with owner root and SUID. Another solution is to activate "autorebuildaliases" feature in sendmail :
http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/networking/sendmail/ch34_08.htm#SML2-CH-34-SECT-8-4

Serge Aumont