en - Re: [sympa-users] Word smart quotes and posting via web

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: William Boettcher <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Word smart quotes and posting via web
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:07:42 +0200

Hi William,

Could you please submit a request via our tracking system (don't forget to authenticate first) :
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

We might be perform characters mapping on the server side...

William Boettcher wrote:

I've recently run into a problem using sympa 5.1.2. When users are typing their
text in MS Word, and have smart quotes turned on. They then cut and paste the
text into the web posting text box. When that is done some characters like ' and
" change from those characters to html codes when the email is sent. Has
anyone else run into this issue, or know of a fix for it?