en - Re: [sympa-users] Delete closed lists

  • From: elijah <address@concealed>
  • To: Brian Riffle <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Delete closed lists
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:15:09 -0800

Brian Riffle wrote:
> I run the sympa.pl with an "instantiate" command nightly. I would like
> to have it automatically delete a lists files when the list is put into
> "status closed". Is there a way to do this?

I have a list ecology script (oddly in php) which scans for lists which
are dormant (no archives) and lists which have been closed but not
deleted. You can configure the dormant and removal cutoff time periods,
and what email gets sent to the owners of dormant lists which are
getting closed. If you are interested, let me know off list.

We have to close about a hundred dormant lists a month, so an automatic
script sure helps!

-elijah