en - Re: [sympa-users] Beginners question

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Sargent <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Beginners question
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:49:38 -0500

On Feb 24, 2006, at 9:38 AM, Steve Sargent wrote:

Could I ask two very basic questions please?

Of course!

What exactly is a robot and do I have to use one?

List robots are like Apache virtual hosts -- they allow you to use one physical server running one instance of Sympa and WWSympa to act as a mailing list manager for multiple sites with different email addresses and a different URL.

How do I delete a mailing list on the command line? The manual and sympa.pl says I can close a list but it does not tell me how to delete it.

Hopefully one of the other guys on the list knows this since I sure don't. A cursory read through sympa.pl seems to indicate that you cannot purge deleted lists from the command line...

Thanks,
Jeff