en - [sympa-users] more on scenari

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] more on scenari
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:35:58 -0500

I'm trying to write a scenario that will let anyone who's subscribed to
any list on my server send mail to a particular list. (I realize that
this could cause non-trivial database load and i'm going to look into
indexing the appropriate tables - any advice welcome, i'm using mysql).

I have been able to successfully do this to query some specific other
list on the server, with this rule (to look at the "staff" list):

is_subscriber('staff',[sender]) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it

The documentation says this:

<condition> ::= [!] <condition

[...]

| is_subscriber (<listname>, <var>)

[...]

<listname> ::= [listname] | <listname_string>

It sure seems like "listname_string" should be *something* useful
to me for this but I can't figure out what to do with it.
Using /./ (i realize this is not a string but a regexp) doesn't work.
Nor does using "." including the quotes.

I suppose i could create a meta-list of all registered list users by
doing an sql query to the sympa db in the data sources configuration.

Having this would be very useful for spam control. We use sympa for
internal alias type things as well as for public lists, and having this
would really reduce the number of messages we have to moderate when people
we know (since they're on our lists) send mail to our internal aliases.
It'd still leave the door open for a spammer to join one of our public
lists and spam away but i think it's a reasonable measure.

thanks

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office 734/834-7224 mobile

  • [sympa-users] more on scenari, Dan Pritts, 02/17/2006