en - Re: [sympa-users] Cookies settings for IE browser.

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Cookies settings for IE browser.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:19:40 +0100

We've listed a few possible reasons for such problems :
http://www.sympa.org/fom?_highlightWords=cookies&file=129
Maybe you should first check that the user's computer time is synchronized with the mailing list server. Otherwise the cookie gets expired because of the time shift.

address@concealed wrote:
The user keeps get prompted to authentication again for every link or action that he is trying to make (after already logged in).  We already did the followings but could not fix the issue.

- reset security level to medium
- set cookies to always accept
- cleared cookies and cache
- restarted browser
- set the sympa home site in the sites allow section under privacy

We use 4.1 version and user is using IE 6.x.  Is there a recommended standard for browser settings in term of cookies?  Thanks in advance for your help and any hints to troubleshoot this.