en - [sympa-users] SuidPerl - is it REALLY required?

  • From: Dale Ghent <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] SuidPerl - is it REALLY required?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:23:52 -0500

I really question the design of sympa if it relies on suidperl.

Do a Google search for "suidperl". Page after page of security issues are returned. Are you guys crazy? Those search results speak for themselves.

Since I'm new to Sympa, can someone tell me what suidperl is used for and is there a more sane way of accomplishing what Sympa needs to do without having to resort to carte blanche root privileges?

/dale