en - Re: [[sympa-users] fcgi trouble...]

  • From: Cefiar <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [[sympa-users] fcgi trouble...]
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 04:32:02 +1100

On Friday 04 November 2005 04:06, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> > Apache SuExec defines a lowest UID and lowest GID allowed to be a target
> > user and group for suEXEC (usually 100).
>
> sympa:sympa are on my debian sarge 103:101...
> the problema are that i've forgot to define the User and Group apache
> directives and add -user and -group switch to wwsympa.fcgi invocation.

If you're using suexec2 (part of apache2) note that you need only add the
following line to the virtual host config:
SuexecUserGroup sympa sympa

(assuming as you do that you want to run it as uid sympa, gid sympa of course)

I'm installing 4.1.5 on Ubuntu (Breezy, the latest release) at the moment (a
step up from 3.4.4.3 which the previous lists were running on, I still need
to test 5.x for our setup). I couldn't find a fastcgi package for apache2 on
Ubuntu, so at the moment I'm just getting it running as standard cgi. There
aren't many lists here, so it's not a huge hit yet, and the new machine it's
all moving to is significantly faster than the previous one, which was also
running cgi due to apache bugs.

I'd be interested in how things go for you, as Debian and Ubuntu are no
different really on the admin side of things.

--
Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - address@concealed