en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP problems...

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Nigel Kersten <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP problems...
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 12:02:49 +0100

Nigel Kersten wrote:

On 31/10/2005, at 7:25 PM, Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:

Once you've set the list to 'include2', go to the web interface and from the list info page :
"Review" > "Synchronize members with data sources"

Ahah. That made troubleshooting easier. Thank you.

Does this happen whenever someone posts to the list? or is it something I have to script and/or do manually?

The synchronization task is performed on a regular bases by the task_manager.pl process.
You can define the TTL via the 'ttl' list parameter.
See http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node19.html#SECTION001922000000000000000

[...]
I have to say, Sympa simply rocks in this regard.

I thought this was going to be a pain to work around, and it was so wonderful to realise that I could define multiple ldap_2level_query sources for the one list...

Do you mind if we quote you in our happy customer testimony page ? ;-)