en - [sympa-users] HTMLArea?

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] HTMLArea?
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:03:33 -0800

Although the newer versions of Sympa allow for the use of the HTMLArea
module for editing HTML documents (htmlarea_url parameter in
wwsympa.conf), HTMLArea itself is no longer available. The closest
thing seems to be a fork from that project called Xinha, while some
users seem to prefer either FCKEditor or WidgEditor -- see the
discussion at http://drupal.org/node/8264 (ignoring all the
Drupal-specific stuff).

Has anybody installed any of these with Sympa yet? Should it just work
to plug in one of their URLs in the htmlarea_url setting? I guess
there's one way for me to find out, and I will try that soon, but I
wondered if the ground had been covered already. And Sympa should
probably be updated to reflect the disappearance of HTMLArea.

ab

  • [sympa-users] HTMLArea?, Adam Bernstein, 11/02/2005