en - [sympa-users] A simple display template

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] A simple display template
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:51:00 +0200

I'm trying to get sympa to display a simple bit of static HTML (our user's
agreement). I have placed that HTML in its own template, terms.tt2. I have
made
sure terms.tt2 is owned by the sympa user and I have placed it in the
/home/sympa/etc/web_tt2 directory.

I tried to follow the directions here:

http://www.sympa.org/fom-serve/cache/263.html

but unfortunately my perl is extremely weak and I can't get the template to
display. I added this:

'terms' => 'do_terms',

to the %comm hash. I added this:

'terms' => [],

to the %action_args hash. I added nothing to the %in_regexp hash because, as I
read the instructions, this static template will take no special arguments.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a subroutine that simply takes the contents of a
template and displays them. This is probably again because my perl is very
poor. So instead I created the following in wwsympa.fcgi:

sub do_terms {
return 1;
}

I have a very strong feeling this subroutine won't work, but I can't for the
life of me figure out what will. All I'm getting are " terms : unknown list
wrong_param" errors.

If someone could point me to a subroutine that simply displays the contents of
a template without taking any other action that'd probably fix me right up.
I'll just copy & alter to suit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!