en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa is awesome

  • From: Anders Lund <address@concealed>
  • To: "S. Woodside" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa is awesome
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:13:04 +0200

>>> I really want to upgrade to Sympa 5.1 but I prefer to use debian
>>> packages. When will it be available for debian?
>>

>> Stephan Hornburg, the Debian packager for Sympa, told me last week
>> that he wishes to work on 5.1 package. I don't know when it will be
>> released...
>

> Hopefully soon :-)
>
> Because of the directories being in all different places, I'm a little
> scared to do a manual install now.

Anyone heard any news regarding Sympa 5.1 package for Debian?

Another issue regarding installation on Debian:

When checking for available perl modules I'm forced to do CPAN
installation of MHonArc modules, even though I've installed the Debian
package of MHonArc. This is because the MHonArc package has installed
the modules in "wrong" directory, so Perl won't find these modules.
(Installed in /usr/share/mhonarc/MHonArc/) I realize that this perhaps
more of a problem with the Debian package of MHonArc, but anyone with a
simple solution to this problem, that doesn't involve a new MHonArc
Debian package?

- Anders

--
Anders Lund <address@concealed> .~.
UNINETT, N-7465 Trondheim, Norway / V \

  • Re: [sympa-users] sympa is awesome, Anders Lund, 09/15/2005