en - Re: [sympa-users] How does "Your other email addresses" work?

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How does "Your other email addresses" work?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:07:41 -0700

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 16:43 +0200, address@concealed wrote:
> Can we use this to handle "Private post" if users have and send email to the
> list from mutiple mailboxes?

No, it doesn't serve that purpose -- and that's why I've removed all
references to alternate email addresses from our Web templates, because
everybody (ie. all the users) assume that and it just causes confusion.
Its only purpose is apparently to let you see via the Web the lists that
you're subscribed to with another address, which is not very useful.
Posting from alternate addresses is on the Sympa team's list of
requested features, has been for a while, and I'm sure they'll add it at
some point.

> I was trying to send a test mail to one of the lists which has my primary
> address but Sympa still forwards this to the moderator. In addition, the
> information is not retained after I logged off and logged back in. I went
> Preferences -> Your other email addresses but I do not see my primary and
> secondary there.

As for retaining the information after logout, I believe it should have
retained it, but I'm not sure. Never used the feature after testing it
a couple years ago.

ab