en - Re: [sympa-users] Probably a stupid question, but....

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: "Walter H. Hopgood" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Probably a stupid question, but....
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:20:11 +0200

Hi Walter,

As you probably know sympa 5.1x web interface has been redesigned and HTML strusture of web templates is not compatible with the old set of templates. The problem you are facing is a conflict between templates you have customized and new templates.

The first step would be to move your site templates away from ~sympa/etc/web_tt2/ to let the default templates be applied. Then you can work on the CSS, customize colors (via Sympa web admin interface) and eventually customize templates if you wish to.

But if you are in a hurry then it would be a better idea to install sympa 5.0.1 first to restore your mailing list service and work on a 5.1b install in parallel.

Walter H. Hopgood wrote:

I upgraded after a catastrophic server failure -- I put my sympa backup back
on my server and then got the latest version (5.1b) and installed after
making sure I had the new CPAN modules. Perhaps I did something wrong, or
does the new Sympa not come with a default template? To see what I mean,
check out http://lists.squidge.org/wws -- my basic colors, but no boxes, etc.
I'm not seeing anything in errors, but it's late so I could have missed it.