en - Re: [sympa-users] Header and footer in the messages sent by the users.

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Header and footer in the messages sent by the users.
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 15:39:46 +0200

address@concealed wrote:
I have some problems with header and footer.
If possible i would like to insert not text pure but complex code (html or similar), like header and footer in the messages sent by the users.
The problem is also that i would like to use the setting that allow each member to create a personal list (Allowing Creating list for all -).
Is it possible to insert a logo or an html code like header or footer, in automatic, in the messages of the lists created by the users (using the setting "Allowing Creating list for all").
At the moment i have failed.
I have only pure text in the header and footer. And i need to insert manually the files header.mime and footer.mime in each list created by the users (with "Allowing Creating list for all").
cp message.header.mime /home/sympamailinglist/expl/EACH_LIST_CREATED_BY_THE_USERS/
[...]
The problem is that
1) I see only header and footer in pure text.

You probably forgot to include a Content-type header field to your message.header.mime file (maybe the documentation is not clear about that.
Here is a typical message.header.mime :

2) I prefer that sympa copy theunique header and footer in the messages without any intervention of me. I hate to copy the same file in the directory created for the user mailing lists (with "Allowing Creating list for all").
[...]

You can have message.header or message.footer files at the site level, in /home/sympa/etc/mail_tt2/ directory. Every mailing list will use it.
(If we were orthodox, it should be customizeable at the robot and list family level, but it is not currently)

  • Re: [sympa-users] Header and footer in the messages sent by the users., Olivier Salaün - CRU, 05/04/2005