en - RE: [sympa-users] never receive mail from mailing list

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] never receive mail from mailing list
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:17:42 -0700

> But when I see in /var/log/maillog, there is the foolowing message :
> fatal: open database /etc/mail/sympa_aliases.db :Invalid Argument

Apparently, there is a problem of some sort with your aliases database.
Did you create the sympa_aliases file? Is it owned by sympa? Did you
run the appropriate command for your MTA (for Postfix, it's
"postalias sympa_aliases") to create the usable database? Did you add
this file to the appropriate setting so your MTA knows to look there for
aliases (in Postfix, it's alias_maps)? Is Sympa successfully creating
the aliases for each list when you use the Create List function, or is
it giving you an error and displaying the necessary aliases on the
screen because you need to add them manually?

ab
--
----Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change--------------------
NPOGroups | NPOMail | NPOShield | web/database/email hosting