en - [sympa-users] Custom Filtering on Headers

  • From: Senandung Mendonan<address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Custom Filtering on Headers
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:18:07 +0200

Dear list,

I have a special requirement in my environment. Before sending mail to a
mailing list in sympa, the sender can opt to _exclude_ certain members from
receiving the mail, by sticking the following string in the header:-

with address@concealed being the person being excluded. More persons
can be listed by adding more X-Sympa-Exclusions headers.

Currently, as a short-term solution, I created server side filters on the
local delivery end of each recipient (e.g. Cyrus's sieve, procmail, or
maildrop's mailfilter, depending on mail back end used) to drop any mails
with such header matching the recipient's email address.

I'm looking for a real solution: to let sympa do the filtering upon expansion
of the list. Anybody done something close to this? Where is the best place to
hack the filters in? Or can this be done in the configs?

Thanks in advance. :)

--mendonan

  • [sympa-users] Custom Filtering on Headers, Senandung Mendonan, 04/12/2005