en - Re: [sympa-users] Failed to setlocale

  • From: Michael Redinger <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Failed to setlocale
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:28:44 +0100

Hello,

I found the following mail in the mailing list archive.
I have the same problem - the log says that wwsympa cannot set the
locale to en_US. I also tried to set it to en_US.UTF-8 - this does not
work either.

This is on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. /etc/sysconfig/i18n seems ok:
LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

In sympa.conf I've set the supported languages to:
supported_lang de, en_US
Adding fr to the list makes wwsympa complain about it, too.

When I access wwsympa, the dropdown box for the language only contains
german.

The sympa version is 5.0b.1.

I "wrote" a little perl script to see if setlocale works at all. This
seems to be ok:

use POSIX qw (setlocale);
my $locale = "en_US";
if ( ! setlocale(&POSIX::LC_ALL, $locale) ) {
~ print "error setting locale.\n";
}

Thanks,
Michael

| Do you have an equivalent for the /etc/sysconfig/i18n we have on
| Fedora?
| Ours looks like :
|
| LANG="en_US.iso885915"
| SUPPORTED="en_US.iso885915:en_US:en: fr_FR@euro:fr_FR:fr"
| SYSFONT="lat0-sun16"
| SYSFONTACM="iso15"
|
| But it does not prevent my Sympa from doing setlocale() for all
| available languages.
| Actually changing the LANG variable should not change Sympa's
| behavior because it does not use this variable...
|
| Scott Balmos wrote:
|>
|> Nevermind... Seems that FreeBSD doesn't have en_US, but rather
|> en_US.UTF8, .US-ASCII, etc. I set the lang variable in sympa.conf to
|> en_us.US-ASCII and it shuts up. :) I have yet to really see if this
|> affects Sympa in any way, since Sympa's locale directory is named
|> en_US, not en_US.US-ASCII, etc.

- --
Michael Redinger
Zentraler Informatikdienst (Central IT Services)
Universitaet Innsbruck
Technikerstrasse 13 Tel.: ++43 512 507 2335
6020 Innsbruck Fax.: ++43 512 507 2944
Austria Mail: address@concealed
BB98 D2FE 0F2C 2658 3780 3CB1 0FD7 A9D9 65C2 C11D
http://www.uibk.ac.at/~c102mr/mred-pubkey.asc

  • Re: [sympa-users] Failed to setlocale, Michael Redinger, 03/11/2005