en - Re: [sympa-users] dynamic and manual list

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] dynamic and manual list
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:26:27 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

If can configure a list to retrieve its list members from an external source,
the automatic update from this source won't remove the manually added
members. I have played with these as manually added people to the list via
the web browser and have the list updated. What I have seen is all manually
added members are preserved after the update. Can you someone confirm with
me if what I saw is correct?

Yes, that's correct. A user can be become member via multiple sources, so it will stay on list as long as one source still contain it's information. One of the sources is ADD/DEL/SUB/SIG process.

Regards
Serge