en - Re: [sympa-users] remote_host and remote_addr

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Eric Schoville <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] remote_host and remote_addr
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:45:52 +0100

Hi Eric,

First of all : the [remote_host] var is only available on the web interface.

Moreover, untill recent changes (only in CVS), we did not evaluate the 'send' scenario before showing the web 'Post' button (mainly because we could not evaluate scenarios if part of variables were missing and in this situation we did not have the message itself).

If you wish to make the 'Post' button adaptative to the user privileges, you should apply the following patch :
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.diff?r2=1.504&cvsroot=sympa&r1=1.503&diff_format=u

Eric Schoville wrote:

I am trying to get my send.intranet and send.intranetorprivate working, but no matter what rules I add, it doesn't seem to work. So I have enabled debugging and looking at the logs, it looks like the match comparison isn't working because remote_host is always set to unknown_host, and I don't even see a remote_addr in the context. Any ideas?

verify: context->{remote_host} = unknown_host

The weird thing is that my review.intranet seems to be working fine, but I am guessing because it is pulling remote_host and remote_addr from a different location (the web log?).

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités