en - [sympa-users] Strange rewriting problem

  • From: Jason L W Lynn <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Strange rewriting problem
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:11:19 -0600

I have setup Sympa previously. I am now trying to setup the latest
Sympa version but I am having a strange problem.

Sendmail seems to work just fine on the box. I can successfully mail
from the command line to an email address and the FROM address is
correct. When I subscribe to a list in sympa (or some other action that
generates an email), instead of the FROM address being
sympa@<my_sympa_box>, the FROM address is sympa@<other_box_in_my_lab>.
I'm sure the answer to this problem is simple, but I can't quite figure
out what is happening. There is no MX record in DNS for <my_sympa_box>
that points to <other_box>. <my_sympa_box> seems to resolve just fine.
Mail seems to work fine from command line. There is no mention of
<other_box_in_my_lab> in my sendmail configuration and no mention of it
in my sympa configuration. Any help on this matter would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jason L W Lynn <address@concealed>

  • [sympa-users] Strange rewriting problem, Jason L W Lynn, 01/12/2005