en - [sympa-users] Sendmail Defunct - Urgent

  • From: Rodrigo Filgueira <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sendmail Defunct - Urgent
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:06:14 -0300

Hi there,

I'm running sympa 4.1.2 on RedHat 7.3 with Sendmail.
I ping sympa four times a day asking for HELP to monitor if everything is ok.
I realized HELP messages were not being answered for the whole day and decided to take a look.
All sendmail processes triggered by sympa were reported as defunct. I killed (-9) sympa
(since it would not stop) and as soon as I start Sympa again all sendmail processes triggered by sympa go to defunct status.
I do have other sendmail processes working without a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rodrigo Filgueira Prates
IT@CINTERFOR/OIT
http://www.cinterfor.org.uy