en - [sympa-users] Included lists & address extension questions

  • From: Scott Balmos <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Included lists & address extension questions
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:26:48 -0500

Two questions...

I know the Mailman software has this problem, and was wondering if Sympa does also. Assume a user is a member of lists A and B, and that a list C is created which includes lists A & B (using include_list in the list config file I guess). When a person posts to list C, since our example user is a member of both included lists, will that person receive duplicate copies of the post (one going to list A's members & another to list B's)?

Next... Does Sympa handle, at all, list members who have extended addresses (e.g. user+foo@bar)? Again, this is another problem that Mailman has. Delivering from Sympa to the user's mailbox is no problem, obviously. But when that user posts to a private (subscriber-only) list, they most likely have their mail client set up to be user@bar, not user+foo@bar. Will Sympa recognize this is still the same person, and allow the mail to go through? If not, where abouts in the code is address recognition handled, so I can possibly add this in as a hack of some sort?

Thanks!

--
Scott Balmos