en - [sympa-users] Cannot disable password-request

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Cannot disable password-request
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:32:15 +0200

Hello everybody,

as far as I understand the tutorial and the manual, it should be possible to
disabel the password-function which is normally require to subcribe.

All I want to have is a Newsletter-Service, people should be able to
subscribe and unsubscribe. That's all. no login, no archiv, no postings.
Very very simple newsletter.

I thought, I can setup sympa in this way. However, it ask at all time for a
password doesn't matter which parameter I choice at Edit
List/Config->Privileges-> Who can subscribe to the list
I thought at least the choice "open" will do the job without request of a
password.

My dream is just a welcome-mail to the new subscriber which he/she confirm by
a click on a link.

If this is impossible I prefer no confirmation.

Will be happy for any help and suggestions

Thanks

Torsten Wagner

  • [sympa-users] Cannot disable password-request, torsten . wagner, 10/20/2004