en - [sympa-users]

  • From: "Paul Haldane" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users]
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:14:39 +0100

I've had a quick look at this (working on source from CVS) and I've got
something that works for me. There's a function (get_canonical_email)
already in tools.pl that seems the obviosu place for this (indeed there's a
comment there suggesting this). [the tools.pl in CVS has got two copies of
the functions get_canonical_email, del and remove_dir - this got me very
confused as I couldn't work out why it wasn't using my version]

As a proof of concept I've just added

$email =~ s/\@ncl\.ac\.uk$/\@newcastle.ac.uk/;

... towards the end of get_canonical_email - obviously the mappings would be
read from a config file in a production system.

Apart from that it was just a matter of adding calls to get_canonical_email
at appropriate places in wwsympa.fcgi and sympa.pl. I've found 5 places
where I needed to do this - there may be more but that seems to have caught
the majority of issues.

Paul

  • [sympa-users], Paul Haldane, 10/19/2004