en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa, aliases and exim4

  • From: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa, aliases and exim4
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:06:01 +0200

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 03:19:12PM +0200, Jan Johansson wrote:

> > I have seen a question and answer in the FAQ: "Postfix & Regexp
> > Aliases: how to do away with alias_manager.pl".
> >
> > Is there a similar howto for sympa and exim4?
>

> Funny, I actually contributed that to the FAQ a long time ago.. but it
> seems gone?
>
> Here is how I have done it.

Thanks Jan.

I have a few more questions:

> Routers:
> sympa_user:
> driver = accept
> domains = scooter.mupp.net

I suppose that is the name of the server sympa runs on?

> local_parts = sympa
> transport = sympa_pipe

> Transports:
> sympa_pipe:
> driver = pipe
> command = "/home/sympa/bin/queue $local_part"
> return_path_add
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> user = nobody
> group = nogroup

You use 'nobody' and 'nogroup' here and in 'sympa_bounce_pipe' and
'sympa - sympa' elsewhere. Is exim4 running on your machine under
user 'nobody' and group 'nogroup'?

On my machine the owner and group of the sympa files both refer to
'sympa' and exim is running as 'Debian-exim'. So I suppose it should
be

user = sympa
group = sympa

on my system?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"But Jesus said, Let the little children come to me,
and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven
belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14