en - Re: [sympa-users] Sending SQL query to Oracle on different server

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sending SQL query to Oracle on different server
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:49:33 +0200

Hi Scott,

You can set the ORACLE_HOME environment variable in the 'include_sql_query' paragraph via the 'db_env' parameter.
Here is the corresponding documentation : http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node16.html#SECTION001625000000000000000

address@concealed wrote:

We have SYMPA installed on UNIX using MySQL as the database back end. (I'm
not the system engineer, just the guy who runs the lists)

We want to do an include sql statement to get subscriber names from an
Oracle database that resides on another server. I have done this with MySQL
sending a query to a non-localhost MySQL server.

Here is the configuration include_sql_query
[...]
db_type Oracle
[...]
In the apache error_log there is a message about the enviroment variable
ORACLE_HOME not set.

I looked through the Docss and FAQs and did not find any help. Am I missing
the perl Oracle module?

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • Re: [sympa-users] Sending SQL query to Oracle on different server, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 06/18/2004