en - Re: [sympa-users] Virtual robots

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Hargitai Gábor <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Virtual robots
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:44:25 +0200

Hi Hargitai,

You must be aware that a single instance of wwsympa.fcgi can serve multiple virtual robots. Therefore it has to know which one it is serving when a web request arrives. To achieve this goal wwsympa compares the 'http_host' variable (defined in robot.conf) to the SERVER_NAME and REQUEST_URI environment variables ( this behavior has been fully introduced in Sympa 4.1.1).

Let's say you have 2 mailing lists services on the same host :
  1. http://lists.sch.bme.hu/wws
  2. http://lists.sch.bme.hu/szakkoli
Then your should define the 'http_host' variables (in robot.conf files) as :
  1. http_host  lists.sch.bme.hu/wws
  2. http_host  lists.sch.bme.hu/szakkoli

Note that it might not fully work with a release earlier than 4.1.1, but have a try though.

Hargitai Gábor a écrit :
I have the following problem:
I have a server lists.sch.bme.hu, running sympa 3.4.4.3. I have to serve mailing lists to another domain, szakkoli.hu, but the web server for this domain is another server. My goal is that the wwsympa interface for the szakkoli.hu mailing lists appears at the lists.sch.bme.hu/szakkoli page. How can I do this?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Virtual robots, Hargitai Gábor, 04/13/2004
    • Re: [sympa-users] Virtual robots, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 04/20/2004