en - Re: [sympa-users] Encrypted connections to LDAP, SQL data sources?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Encrypted connections to LDAP, SQL data sources?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:57:03 +0200

Though it's not a bad thing to do SSH tunnelling or IPSec, LDAPS seems to be a standard way of accessing LDAP directory a secure way.

We have started the LDAPS support in Sympa's authentication code (see http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node10.html#SECTION001052000000000000000) and we will generalize it in the 'include_ldap_query' config parameter ; unless somone else does it in the meanwhile ;-)