en - Re: [sympa-users] IMPORTANT : Archiving problem with Sympa 4.1

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] IMPORTANT : Archiving problem with Sympa 4.1
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:52:25 +0000

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed> wrote
We have been reported archiving problems with the latest 4.1 Sympa
release : new messages are not added to web archives.

If you have installed Sympa 4.1, then you MUST upgrade to Sympa 4.1.1
that fixes this bug. We are also distributing a simple Perl script that
will look for badly archived messages and will move them back to the
outgoing spool (run by archived.pl).

Sympa 4.1.1 : http://www.sympa.org/distribution/
arcrepair.pl script :
http://www.sympa.org/distribution/current/src/etc/script/arcrepair.pl

Olivier

Having spent much of the weekend tinkering with code in 4.1 to meet my needs I'd appreciate it if you could give some details of where the changes between 4.1 and 4.1.1 are so as to speed up the process of getting 4.1.1 doing what I want. If I knew, for example, that all the changes are in archived.pl, which I haven't customised, I could run my patches against 4.1.1 with little chance of problems.
--
Chris Hastie