en - Re: [sympa-users] non-moderation for a user...

  • From: Jody Lemoine <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] non-moderation for a user...
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:16:12 -0500

Hi Robert:

On Feb 5, 2004, at 5:51 AM, GSLT Systems Administrator wrote:
thanks for a most excellent piece of software, though i have a
question. we have a couple of course mailing lists that is
moderated. i am not on these lists, but i as the sysadmin would like
to sen unmoderated email to them letting them know if i want to take
down the systems etc etc... without the moderators taking any
action. is this possible? i think i have looked into the manual, but
without any luck.

I've got a few lists like this myself. I've just subscribed the sysadmin's email address to the list and added it as a moderator. If you turn off email reception for both the list subscription and the moderation messages, you'll have the ability to post messages unmoderated and still not receive list or list moderation messages. This assumes that the list is set to allow moderators to post directly though.

Regards,
Jody