en - Send to me and sympa 3.4.4.3

  • From: Stewart James <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Send to me and sympa 3.4.4.3
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:17:23 +1100

Hi all,

Mentioned below is a patch to do send this to me. I had it working under
whatever the latest version was in April 2003, all was fine.

Last month I upgraded to 3.4.4.3 (which I didnt; need to do anwyays) to
try and fix a problem I was having with run away processes.

I forgot about this patch, and after getting back to work this morning
my colleague mentioned that this was not working anymore.

I re-applied the patch, but am getting errors that I have not received
before, the important one being:

Jan 12 12:13:38 penguin wwsympa[5911]: [client 140.159.25.13] [user
address@concealed] [list istac] do_send_me : could not create
object message for file
/address@concealed/2003-10/arctxt/1

After that it says it spools the message, to which the sympa process
immediatley moves it to the "bad" directory.

I looked at the code in so_send_me and the only thing I could that would
cause this is around line ~3848:

unless ($message = new Message("$arcpath/arctxt/$msgfile")) {
&wwslog('info', 'do_send_me : could not create object
message for file %s',"$arcpath/arctxt/$msgfile");
$param->{'status'} = 'message_err';
}

I tried commenting the line that sets status to 'message_err', but that
only stops the sympa process from moving to the bad folder, the messages
just sit in the spool.

ANy help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stewart James