en - Re: [sympa-users] non anonymous ldap binds

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] non anonymous ldap binds
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:01:31 +0100

I had a try on our own server and the bind works fine with a DN and password.

There have been lots of LDAP-related fixes since sympa 3.3.3 (released 2 years ago).
You should upgrade to Sympa 3.4.4.3 or even 4.0.a8 for a try.

address@concealed wrote:

I am trying to use sympa with LDAP lookups, but every time I try to log in to
the webinterface i get rejected

I am using sympa version 3.3.3 and this is what my auth.conf looks like:

ldap
host 127.0.0.1:389
timeout 0
bind_dn uid=vmail,dc=system-users,dc=dot
bind_password XXXXXX
suffix dc=dot
[...]
I tried logging in both with an email adress and a uid to no avail.
I have checked the debugging output of my LDAP logs and found the following
bind operation as soon as i try to log into the webinterface (an example
where I tried using just an ldap uid):
[...]
Can anybody tell me why the bind occurs without any dn (conn=334 op=0 BIND
dn="" method=128) even though I have supplied one in the auth.conf?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites