en - Re: [sympa-users] Using LDAP builded List and sympa system tables

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Using LDAP builded List and sympa system tables
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:16:24 +0100

You need to mix subscribed and included (from LDAP) members in a single mailing list.

The 'include2' user_data_source allows to mix these 2 kind of members. Sorry for the documentation not mentionning the 'include2' mode but we plan to make it the default and only mode available ASAP and we'll write the documentation when it is done...

address@concealed wrote:

I have the following problem :
I have an application that create groups in LDAP. This is an "internal" app
which build project that can be public or private. We need to use list system to
dispatch the information. So I was thinking using Sympa with its LDAP abilities to
build List from LDAP queries.
This work very well.
But now, as I said before, I need for some groups a public access without
playing with the internal app. So I was thinking about using the wwsympa
interface directly to let people use it and be able to suscribe to the
groups. But in this case, I will prefer that sympa use it's own tables (I use
MySQL for this kind of stuff).
Of course the authentication scheme is based on LDAP followed by database.
But I read / guess that only one directive "user_data_source" is possible in
a config file. So using first include, then database doesn't seem to be a possibility.
I suppose that I can try to play with SQL, but in this case the user choice about
digest/mail won't be respected, will it ?
So if you know a solution I will be thanksfull, if this doesn't exists yet, I
will make a feature request :).

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: [sympa-users] Using LDAP builded List and sympa system tables, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 01/07/2004