en - Problem with logging?

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Problem with logging?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:26:32 -0500

Just when I thought I got sympa down, I have to install and configure it in a new situation, and I'm stuck again. :-(

I'm installing on a RH9 server, one domain only (you'd think that would make it simpler!) With apache 2.0.4, postfix and postgreSQL. I installed from source, version 3.4.4.3.

Sympa installs and runs fine. It dutifully sends me a user guide when I send it mail with "help" in the subject line.

The problem seems to be with wwsympa, and perhaps logging?

I did actually once get the right interface, but then when I tried to login, I got a server error, with this is in the error log:

Modification of a read-only value attempted at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Sys/Syslog.pm line 287. That line is a sprintf line, and from the context, it looks like its trying to write to the logfile, so...

This looks to me like a problem with the logging. I now can't get anything out of wwsympa - just server errors.

Logging in sympa.conf looks like:

## The syslog facility for sympa
## Do not forget to edit syslog.conf
syslog local1

And in wwsympa:

## The syslog facility for wwsympa, archived and bounced
## default is to use previously defined sympa log facility
# was log_facility
log_facility local1

And in syslog.conf

# Sympa
local1.* /var/log/sympa

I restarted syslog and sympa.

Ideas??
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain
mmurrain at dbdes dot com
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

  • Problem with logging?, Michelle Murrain, 12/28/2003