en - Re: [sympa-users] ERROR: Ignoring message which would cause a loop

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Jim VanEtten <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] ERROR: Ignoring message which would cause a loop
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:35:05 +0100

Hi Jim,

1/ Your loop problem is probably related to a badly configured sympa.conf. How did you set the 'email' parameter in sympa.conf ?

2/ Does the auth.conf related error make wwsympa die ? If not just ignore it, it has been fixed in Sympa dev. tree.

Jim VanEtten wrote:

Another log entry when I restart my httpd server that I am not sure how to
resolve:

load: Unable to open /etc/sympa/auth.conf: Illegal seek

address@concealed said:

What could be causing this error ??

sympa[7133]: Ignoring message which would cause a loop, sent by
address@concealed
sympa[7133]: Moving bad file address@concealed to
bad/
[...]
I am building a new server and am moving from a much older version of
Sympa to version 3.4.4.3. My old version has worked great for 3 years but
it is time to upgrade.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: [sympa-users] ERROR: Ignoring message which would cause a loop, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 12/01/2003