en - problems with sympa and sendmail

  • From: Sebastian Dietzold <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: problems with sympa and sendmail
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:55:54 +0100 (MET)

Hello Mailadmins,

i have a problem here with sympa and sendmail. I want to set up sympa on
an E450 Sun Server with a normal sendmail. I have to use the mail-relay
mail.imise.uni-leipzig and i want to setup lists
@lists.imise.uni-leipzig.de. I have a working installation except the
fact, that all messages from sympa have the domain imise.uni-leipzig.de

Example: I send a message from my Workstation to
address@concealed and the message returns correctly to the
users and the archive is updated. The only mistake is the fields To: or
Repty-To: or so, because they are set to address@concealed not to
address@concealed. This is of course a problem, because the
list-users cannot reply correct.

I think, this is a sendmail-configuration-question, because all
sympa-configs speaks about lists.imise.uni-leipzig.de and not
imise.uni-leipzig.de (the DNS is also set correctly).

So the question is: How do i have to setup sendmail correct in our
environment. What do i have change?

Maybe its important to say that sendmail logs the header

address@concealed using -f

in each mail?

i hope, somebody can give me a hint to solve this.

Sebastian Dietzold

--
Sebastian Dietzold
Content Management / Directory Services