en - Re: [sympa-users] more than 2 editors, or restrict the posting to some users

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] more than 2 editors, or restrict the posting to some users
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:53:01 +0100

Hi Tomas,

The right to send messages to a list is defined by the 'send' list parameter. The value of this parameter refers to an authorization scenario (you'll find the default ones in bin/etc/scenari/), let's say send.private that defines who is authorized to perform the action ('send a message' in the current example) with what authentication level (SMTP, password (md5) or X509 certificate (smime)). Let's take an example :
List 'test' has a config file with a 'send restricted' parameter.
It refers to the /home/sympa/etc/scenari/send.restricted scenario that could be :
title.us restricted to 3 email addresses

equal([sender],'email1@mydom') smtp,md5,smime -> do_it
equal([sender],'email2@mydom') smtp,md5,smime -> do_it
equal([sender],'email3@mydom') smtp,md5,smime -> do_it
true() smtp,md5,smime -> reject

Only 3 users are allowed to send a message in the onfiguration.

The drawback of this method is that you'll have to customize every send.xx scenarios you might be using in you mailing lists. You could rather use the /home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header that defines a set of scenario rules that will be evaluated first whatever send.xx scenario is used.

Now if you have this list of people email addresses defined in LDAP you could define an LDAP filter to refer to an LDAP population within a scenario rule. PLease read the documentation for more information on this feature :
http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node10.html#SECTION001020000000000000000

address@concealed wrote:

this is Tomás Herrero, from the University Rey Juan Carlos. We are studying
the possibility to change into sympa for our listing management, but we have
found a problem.

In the global lists of the university (everybody, allstudents, allteachers,
etc.), we need that some users could deliver mail, but not the subscribers.
And these people that could send mail are about 20-30.

Is it possible to deny sending mail some subscribers, and let it to others?

Or, is it possible to define a list of editors (like with the include_list
parameter, but with editors)?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites