en - Restrict Create List / Subscribers Counter

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Restrict Create List / Subscribers Counter
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 23:37:20 +0200

Hello,

I have just completed installation of Sympa (version 3.4.4.1-1 on Debian) and
have begun testing for deployment. Seems like a great application, but I am
struggling with two things -

1) I would like to restrict the "Create List" function to the listmaster and
the listmaster only (according to the documentation, I believe this is
supposed to be the default?) What our beta testers are seeing is that, after
subscribing to our test list, they have a "Create List" button at the top of
WWS and can successfully submit create list requests. From what I understand
from the documentation and FAQS, this is controlled by the scenari. Although
I understand this conceptually, what the docs are missing (and what I need)
is a clear example of how to do this. Tried placing a "create_list
listmaster" statement in my sympa.conf file and restarting sympa, but this
didn't seem to do the trick. Tried copying the "create_list.listmaster" file
from /usr/share/sympa to /etc/sympa/scenari and that didn't do it either. I
know it must be a simple excercise but ???

2) We would also like to be able to restrict who sees the Subscriber counter
on WWS. If there is a way to do this with scenari, please let us know.

Thanks in advance for your help and apologies for the newbie questions.

-Todd

  • Restrict Create List / Subscribers Counter, todd, 08/04/2003