en - Re: Cookies/premature end of headers problem STILL (was Re: [sympa-users] installlation problem for Sympa 3.4.4.1 on Redhat 8)

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Walter Hopgood <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Cookies/premature end of headers problem STILL (was Re: [sympa-users] installlation problem for Sympa 3.4.4.1 on Redhat 8)
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:05:10 +0200

Hi Walter,

Walter Hopgood wrote:

I'm still having problems with premature end of headers for
wwsympa.fcgi for some users. This is the most frustrating thing I've
ever had to deal with.

First off, some users but not all, get "premature end of headers"
errors when logging in, thus rendering the entire web interface
useless. This happens for all browsers. If I update the users email
address on the backend to a different address, they can then login. CHanging it back causes the original problem (premature end of headers
error). I can't seem to track this down.

I suggest you set the "log_level" to "2" in sympa.conf and analyse the log file after a user loggin failed.

Secondly, Netscape 4.7 and 6 users aren't able to login. Sympa complains
that the browser isn't configured for cookies. I know this used to be a
problem way-back-when, but should be fixed now.

This problem also occures when the time on the user's computer is different from the one on the server.
You should check this...

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: Cookies/premature end of headers problem STILL (was Re: [sympa-users] installlation problem for Sympa 3.4.4.1 on Redhat 8), Olivier Salaun - CRU, 07/01/2003