en - Problem with alias_manager.pl in Debian woody

  • From: Zakaria <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Problem with alias_manager.pl in Debian woody
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:27:33 +0700

Hi,

I'm using sympa 3.3.3 as shipped with Debian Woody (3.0) and using
postfix 1.1.11 as my MTA.

I'm trying to use alias_manager.pl to automate creation of aliases.
But I'm having some problem
1) Whenever I run alias_manager.pl, it always has following error
Exec of /usr/bin/newaliases failed!: Bad address
Failed to execute newaliases: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/sympa/bin/alias_manager.pl line 103.
Apparently it tries to execute /usr/lib/sympa/bin/aliaswrapper
but that files always error. The documentation says that file will
execute /usr/bin/newaliases. I could execute newaliases just fine.
Is it alright if I just change $alias_wrapper to /usr/bin/newaliases?
2) So I try to change alias_manager.pl
and I add the following to wwsympa.conf
alias_manager /usr/lib/sympa/bin/alias_manager.pl
after that I restart my apache then try to add new list,
I got an error "failed_to_install_aliases" and that list doesn't get
added in /etc/mail/sympa.aliases. Anybody knows why?

Thanks in advance,

-- Zakaria
Private: address@concealed Yahoo!: z4k4ri4
http://pemula.linux.or.id

  • Problem with alias_manager.pl in Debian woody, Zakaria, 06/27/2003