en - Re: [sympa-users] Highly dynamic lists?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: John Dalbec <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Highly dynamic lists?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:29:57 +0200

A long time ago.;-)..John Dalbec wrote:

Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:

John Dalbec wrote:

After any update, wwsympa.fcgi rebuilds its in-memory subscriber list. It looks like it also updates subscribers.db at that time.
How does sympa.pl decide whether it needs to refresh its in-memory list of subscribers? Does it compare timestamps? Configuration serial numbers? Or do you look at specific parameters in the configuration?

I did not understand you were talking about the old "include" mecanism.
You should shift to "include2", here is how it works :

1/ cache is stored in MySQL
2/ it is updated by the task_manager.pl daemon (via the sync_include task)
3/ when a datasource-related parameter has been edited, wwsympa removes the current sync_include task to force an update the next time the task_manager.pl will go through the (task) spool.

This way we don't even need to use the timestamps for the cache update. We could make the process more reactive if wwsympa.fcgi was able to update the subscribers cache itself (delay concern).

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: [sympa-users] Highly dynamic lists?, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 06/02/2003