en - struggling with make

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: struggling with make
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:21:05 +0200 (MEST)

Hello everybody,
since I am a Beginner, not only to Sympa but also to Linux, I am struggling
quite a bit with getting Sympa installed. I appologize in advance for
'stupid' questions.
I am trying to install Sympa on RedHat 8.0. So far I have run configure and
built the makefile. Now, when I run make, I get the following errors:

Checking for required modules
IO::Scalar IO stringy was not found on this system
Install module IO::Scalar? y

Unknown command 'conf' Type ? for help.
CPAN: Storable loaded okay
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
Warning: Found only 0 Objects in /root/.cpan/Metadata
CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
Fetching with LWP:
ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[500] message [LWP::Protocol::MyFTP: Bad Hostname
'ftp.perl.org']

and so on....

Is there something wrong with my network, so that the required connections
can´t be established in order to fetch the modules or is the problem a
different one? Would it help if I installed all the required CPAN modules
manually?
Thanks for your help.
Chris

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++

  • struggling with make, chris . bremer, 05/06/2003