en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa upgrades on Mandrake

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa upgrades on Mandrake
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:14:10 +0200

Hi Russ,

Unfortunately since 3.2.1 release we had no time to maintain Sympa packages ourselves, therefore we stopped distributing them. Hopefully Guy Paressant, from the French academic network, has been working on the RPM for Mandrake. It will be part of the next stable Sympa release (3.4.4) available in a few weeks.

Russ Kepler wrote:

I've recovered my system as best I can, but I'm still dealing with the lost changes when the upgrade removed the 'stock' sympa code. Unfortunately Mandrake changes the standard installation locations of sympa code, and is running an older version (3.2.1) instead of the 3.4.3 that's current.

If someone has an upgraded rpm, or the make commands to make the 3.4.3 version install under Mandrake I'd greatly appreciate it I see that changes were made, but not knowing the difference between the standard install and Mandrake I'm not sure how to proceed with the make.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Sympa upgrades on Mandrake, Russ Kepler, 04/12/2003
    • Re: [sympa-users] Sympa upgrades on Mandrake, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 04/14/2003