en - Re: [sympa-users] Deleting subscribers is very slooooooooow

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Deleting subscribers is very slooooooooow
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 09:42:29 +0200

We have solved this problem in sympa 3.4.x, leaving the user_table cleanup job up to the task_manager.
This saves lots of time while doing delete_user(). Here is the associated changelog :

* src/: Conf.pm, List.pm, task_manager.pl,
etc/global_task_models/purge_user_table.monthly.task: New feature:
new global task 'purge_user_table' cleaning up the user_table in
DB. This saves expensive cleanup job at subscriber removal time. List::delete_user_db() now taking an array of emails as parameter.

You might apply the patches but it applies to multiple files....

Adam Bernstein wrote:

Using Sympa 3.3.5, MySQL 3.23.42, on FreeBSD 4.3, deleting subscribers
from a list is *extremely* slow -- something like 3-5 seconds per
subscriber. It thus takes a terribly long time to close a list, and
doing so or deleting a large number of subscribers will result in a
server timeout error as well, which looks worse than it is. All the
subscribers do eventually get deleted.

I see nothing related to this in the changelog, so I'm wondering if it's really possible that I'm the only one to see this problem. Any suggestions
(other than upgrading my Sympa, which I can't do until I have time to integrate all my changes with the latest version)?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites